Frankenstein Created Bikers Poster artwork

So now I can show the poster artwork I did for Frankenstein created Bikers

My goal with the poster was to capture the action and excitement like the old 80’s VHS action video covers.

Info on the movie can be found here:

So here is the first comps I did for the poster layout , I kept them small so i could concentrate on layout and prevent myself from getting stuck on details.

Once the preferred layout was chosen I then produced a rough revised comp/layout

Then the process started of detail work , I did a complete black and white tonal value painting first, this way I could make sure the elements on the image popped the way I wanted them too:

Final colour version with text and with out text , I also added allot of looser bold brush strokes to create the sense of action and movement, this is something new to me as my work is normally very stiff and static.

Finally a massive thanks to James Bickert for letting me work on this awesome project

Blast Off Girl

This was one of my pieces that I lost back in 2015 due to hard drive failure, luckily I had the pencil art, so I deiced to re-scan and repaint the artwork from scratch, I just wanted to finish this piece. So now its done.

Rene Bond in Dont eat Rene

This was my second poster I was working up for the cancelled custom culture art show.

New wave Traci

I am working up a series of posters / artworks for a custom culture art show , for my submission I am doing poster based on actresses from the adult industry, either be film or magazines whatever. But for the artworks i want to make them sexy but not sleazy so there in lies the challenge for me . For the look of the pieces I want to go for very bold colours and line art , and the final printed piece I want to simulate large halftone print dots.

Here is my first piece , this was also the test piece for the format of the artwork.

Here is a look at the pencil art, the text was done in 3D and comped together in photoshop.

Close up look at the full res image , to see the halftone effect i want to achieve.

Sneaky peeks

Here is a little sneak peek of a poster I am working on for the French metal band Banane Métalik

For some audio goodness get their latest LP here:

Banane Metalik The Gorefarther

Cover wrap around artwork I did for the awesome band Banane Metalik , This piece was created entirely digitally.

They are a real great bunch of guys to work with. I have also added some links here if anybody want to hear and see more of their music. Enjoy

Fags in the Fast Lane

Been a while since my last update , reason is I had a hard drive fail and a bunch of work that I wanted to share online is gone now. But saying that its time for some new goodies so here we go:

This poster was designed for a coming feature created by Josh Collins the director, known for Pervirella (1997) and Dante’s Cove (2005). It was a blast doing this poster , big thanks to Josh.

These were the proposed thumbs , after I had read the synopsis for the film a pretty solid idea for the composition pop into my head that I wanted to play with.

After a couple of tweaks it was onto drawing up the detailed pencil version of the artwork , I drew the final piece on tracing paper , the reason for this each element was drawn separately so that if I needed to move elements around in Photoshop to further balance the composition I could do that.

Final digitally coloured version, I also could not resist doing a worn out version.

Sword Succubus of the Steppes

This was a personnel commission I did for a client that wanted a mock film poster for he’s girlfriend, it was a really fun project breaking away from the usual horror themes and trying some dark fantasy .

Because the artwork was a surprise gift  i could not get a modeled pose so i used some internet photo refs and comped together a 2 pose options.

I made two comp options :

Once a comp was chosen and some additional changes were implemented i produced a refined sketch for approval.

Then once the sketch was fleshed out I created the very detailed pencil drawing , that got digitized and coloured in Photoshop. For the font I bought some fonts from really great font at very reasonable prices.

Cosmic Sounds of Staceytron

This collaboration was with the very mysterious and seductive Stacytron , she provided the pose based on my initial rough sketches. We decided to create a mock vinyl cover. This was a great little project.

Zombie Holocaust LP Cover

This project was going to be for Death Waltz Records releasing a special extended soundtrack for Zombie Holocaust, bit unfortunately the project never made it to final, so I finally decided to share the cover art I did for this.

Here are the original rough comps:

Once the desired design was chosen I did the detailed pencil art:

What I then decided to do is once i scanned my original pencil art in ( as back up – in case I screw it up in this next step) I took my airbrush and sprayed some tones into the pencil art and used white paint to pop out some of the details:

Once scanned in I started the digital painting process, i worked in a sort of anti clockwise manner , no real reason for working like that , just happened that way. My first pass was to lay down basic colour on a multiply layer , once that was done i moved onto painting in all the details:

And final colour balanced piece ….